- SURVIVE AND THRIVE in an emergency with this weather-resistant ferro rod fire starter in your survival kit. Unlike matches that can become wet or blown-out in wind, our fire steel is impervious to the elements.
- 5000 F DEGREES SPARKS are hot enough to ignite a variety of tinder including plant fuzz, goldenrod fluff, and cattail seed or milkweed down. Stay warm and keep the wolves at-bay with this foolproof fire steel.
- 15,000+ STRIKES from the Texas Bushcraft Fire Starter make it an essential part of your camping accessories. The included striker tool attached on the lanyard ensures that you’re always prepared for the unexpected.
- INCLUDED SURVIVAL TOOL features a bottle opener, hex wrench, micro ruler, map scale and sharp spine scraper. It is affixed to the ferro rod by the 48” braided paracord lanyard for quick easy retrieval and use.
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE so it fits in your pocket, backpack or auto glove box, the Texas Bushcraft flint steel also boasts a sturdy and comfortable hardwood handle that delivers optimal grip and control during use.
Overcome the forces of nature
When you find yourself stranded with nightfall approaching, you can't trust your well-being to matches or a cigarette lighter with limited fuel. The Texas Bushcraft Ferrocerium Rod ensures that you always have a reliable heat source at your fingertips. This man-made fire steel produces sparks in excess of 5000 F degrees, igniting tinder and starting a fire so you can alert rescue crews to your whereabouts, stay warm as temperatures fall, and maybe even cook wild game to sustain you.
No climate is too harsh
Unlike butane lighters that are hampered by wind, or matches that can become wet and unusable, ferro rods are impervious to weather, showering sparks over a pile of tinder in rain or gale-force winds. Capable of more than 15,000 strikes, our fire starter will see you through countless camping and hiking excursions, or carry you through the aftermath of a natural disaster as part of your prepper supplies. Small and compact, it goes virtually anywhere in your pocket, hiking gear or camping equipment.
All the tools for your survival
Each ferro rod boasts a sturdy wooden handle which has 48" of heavy-duty paracord braided through it. Attached to the paracord is a multifunctional survival tool made of hardened steel. It also measures, opens bottles, turns hex nuts and helps you map-out your return to civilization. With a hard-wearing black powder coating, it endures the rigors of the outdoors without rusting or corroding.
For a fire starter you can count on when the going gets tough, add a Texas Bushcraft Ferro Rod to your camping supplies and survival gear today.
This company is amazing, the products they sell work exactly as advertised. Could not
be happier !! I bought two additional fire starters as birthday gifts for friends.
I’ll be purchasing more items in the future.
Bought it as a anniversary gift for for male friend. He camps a lot. His wife received hand carved salad utensils. It was their 5th, which is wood.
Works great! We use dryer lint to start fires in our wood stove to heat our house :)
I am completely pleased with this purchase.
Top Quality Ferro Rod.
I just bought the paracord and this ferrocerium rod and they're both great I did cut off the paracord from the ferrocerium rod because I didn't like the feel of it in my pocket but that's the only thing that i wasn't the biggest fan of but other than that this is probably my favorite one that I have.